1. Most importantly, bring ID and your insurance card. Important phone numbers written down for your nurses are also very helpful.
2. If you are a first time mom, labor can be a very lengthy process. Unless you are okay with watching talk shows and reruns of The Big Bang Theory, bring your own entertainment: Ipads/Laptops- a way to watch movies, read books, music playlists and keep friends and family updated on social media! Hospital guest wi-fi may be slow and unreliable, so you may want to download certain books and movies before your big day. Also, decide how you are going to capture that special moment- if it is a special camera/video, make sure you bring chargers/extra batteries for ALL of your electronic devices.
3. Moms, the hospital already has a lot of pads and underwear, but bring a robe, comfy sweat pants or pajamas, and flip flops (They may also serve the purpose of shower shoes!). Nursing tops and bras are good ideas, but the hospital already has breast pumps/nursing pillows if you need it. Your milk may not come in until you leave the hospital, so bringing your own is likely unnecessary.
4. For your little one: The hospital will provide diapers/wipes/suction bulbs/blankets/bottles- pretty much everything you will need for your newborn, so don’t waste space or energy packing any of these. All you really need is a couple of cute outfits that you want to take baby's first pictures in.
5. With that being said, don’t forget your toiletry/makeup bag so you can look great in those first pictures with your baby!
6. Also, you should pack at least one extra set of clothes that will fit you after you deliver. After all, who wants to go home with their butt hanging out in the breeze from their hospital gown?
7. Last but certainly not least, the car seat! Learn how to use the car seat before you leave for the hospital so you are not struggling the day of discharge.
Fortunately, no matter how hectic your “labor day” is, you won't forget the most important part of your list..your baby :)